Latest Celebrity News, Gossip, Photos & Videos

Tory Lanez claims innocence, says still friends with Megan Thee Stallion

While his case is still pending before the courts, Tory Lanez took to Instagram Tuesday to assert his innocence, claiming that he is still friends with his alleged victim, Megan Thee Stallion.

During his live video, the rapper attempted to discredit Megan’s version of events, claiming her actions after the alleged shooting did not seem to follow any discernible logic.

According to Lanez, if Megan had been truly a victim, she could have at least alerted the police about the identity of her shooter when it was clear that danger had passed. He also said that it was not possible for someone to get shot in the foot and not have a single bone shattered.

The Canadian rapper said he had kept his silence up to now because he was following advice from his lawyers.

“Two days after that, I get a call from Roc Nation that says, ‘Yo, we heard you were gonna to make a statement about what happened, and it’d be in your best interest if you don’t make that statement,'” he said. “And I’m like, OK? I don’t understand the issue of me telling my fans, like, ‘Yo, it’s not that serious of a deal …'”

Lanez then claimed he has always “showed out for Black women” and still considered Megan a friend despite all the “false information.”

“… It’s not accurate information. I don’t ever wanna come off like I’m here to bash this girl or I’m here to talk down about this girl or ever be at a place where, like, I’m disrespecting her, because to me, as a person, she’s still my friend,” he said. “No matter what — even if she doesn’t look at me like that — I look at her like she’s still my friend.”

In what seemed like a response to Lanez, Megan tweeted: “This Nigga genuinely crazy.”

Comments